Using Stories to Defeat Human Indifference with Yonatan Kagansky
Yonatan Kagansky from Israel is a 2020 Noonie Nominee who understands the power of storytelling. The Noonies are presented by Hacker Noon, and aim to be The Tech Industry's Greenest Awards. Vote today for the winner of the Noonies at the end of the year's live webcast at 8pm EST on December 31. The winner will be announced on December 28th, October 31, at 10pm EST. For more information on the 2020 Noonies, visit Hacker Noon.com/nominees.
The Tech Industry's Greenest Awards. Public Nominations Are Open. Voting Starts Aug 13.
Yonatan Kagansky from Israel is a 2020 Noonie Nominee who understands the power of storytelling, and wants you to stop consuming the news.
So, we asked our Noonie Nominees to tell us. Here’s what Yonatan had to share.
1. Which 2020 Noonie/s have you been nominated for?
- Hacker Noon Contributor of the Year - BUSINESS STRATEGY
- Hacker Noon Contributor of the Year - MARKETING
2. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I help tech companies and startups break through the biggest obstacle on the path of growth: human indifference. I do this by utilizing the power of stories. No, not “once upon a time” stories or personal stories, but Strategic Business Stories and Brand Narratives that create engagement and push people to act, to get excited, to sign up, to buy, to invest…
I do it, one way or another for over 13 years now, and have validated my methodologies with hundreds(!) of startups, corporations, and organizations.
My toolkit includes expertise in:
- Business and marketing strategy
- Consumer psychology
- Persuasive communication (including advertising)
- Branding and brand development
3. Tell us about the things you make / write / manage / build.
My services include:
- Leading branding and rebranding processes
- Providing tailored 10-hour strategic-story-development workshops
- Crafting marketing, communication, and advertising strategies
- Building investor decks and high-stake pitches
- Lead a product and marketing agency made of top freelancers from the Israeli tech scene: NewSpark.pro (anything from product ideation and design to funnel building and the actual lead conversion.)
- Mentor startup all over the world in Google for Startups program
- Give talks, webinars, and workshops
4. What are you most excited about right now?
My strategic-stories workshops.
5. What are you worried about right now?
The Second COVID19 lockdown in Israel.
6. What's the most useful advice you've ever given somebody?
Stop listening to the news, they mostly cover scenarios for the future that never come to life.
7. How has the pandemic changed your life and/or career?
Taught me not to take anything for granted
8. If we gave you $10 million to invest in one thing right now, where would you put it?
E-learning venture (yes, there are still many opportunities there)
9. What's an opinion you have that most people don't agree with?
That ALL ideologies are wrong by default
10. Which apps can't you live without?
WhatsApp, Spotify and Keep
11. What are you currently learning?
The subliminal power of sound and frequency
A big thanks to this year's award sponsors:
Sustany Capital, .TECH Domains, Grant for the Web, Skillsoft, Flipside Crypto, Udacity, and Beyondskills.