BukanMessenger is a Messenger app build on top React Native and Meteor Js. It is customizeable and some new feature will coming soon every week.
When telegram had been officially banned in my Country, it make me really disappointed and sad. Why such a good technology should be banned just because of unreasonable thing.
So I decided to make something similarly to telegram, and I think it must be an Open Source one! Although I believe it still far away from Telegram. But ofc we or you can make it better and better in the future!! Btw, It’s called “BukanMessenger”.
I hope with “BukanMessenger”, people could build their own Messenger easily. That can be achieved because it build on top of React Native which is I think way more easier to Learn rather than Native iOS (obj C) or Android (JAVA).
- It’s React Native, so it support android & iOS by default!
- Simple Code, so you can easily contribute on it.
- Make sure You had been install NodeJs in your system https://nodejs.org/en/
- And ofc React Native https://facebook.github.io/react-native/
- Don’t forget Meteor Js as the backend https://www.meteor.com/
Installation & Configuration
React Native https://github.com/radiegtya/BukanMessenger (Front-end)
$ git clone https://github.com/radiegtya/BukanMessenger
$ cd BukanMessenger
$ npm install
$ react-native run-ios #or react-native run-android
Meteor https://github.com/radiegtya/BukanMessengerBackend (Back-end)
$ git clone https://github.com/radiegtya/BukanMessengerBackend
$ cd BukanMessengerBackend
$ meteor npm install
$ meteor #run your meteor on http://localhost:3000
Open “app/Config.js”, and set the meteorUri variable as your Meteor server run at
export const meteorUri = ‘ws://localhost:3000/websocket’;
Support Us :)
- Star https://github.com/radiegtya/BukanMessenger repository ⭐️
- We are Ready to give Training to You/Your company to use/modify BukanMessenger.
- Buy our screencast about the basic development of BukanMessenger (COMING SOON)
- Like our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ega.sdr
I hope this blog are useful for You whether to Customize “BukanMessenger” or Just understanding how chat app works. If you love this blog or want to discuss more, please leave comment or directly contact me at:
- WA/TELEGRAM: +6285641278479
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Ya at TOP….