100+ FREE Resources to Learn Full Stack Web Development
A year and a half ago I dove into Web Development. It’s been a fun, but challenging journey. As my knowledge continues to grow, I’ve realized I have a plethora of free information that I’ve saved along the way. It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally gone through and sorted them all.
There is also a wealth of information on knowing when you’re ready to apply for jobs, interview prep, success stories, and more.
Whether you’re just starting to learn, or you’ve been learning for a while, there should be a little something for everyone in here.
You can find all 100+ links in my GitHub Repo, or by reading below:
Table of Contents
- Start Here
- How to learn
- What is the Most Useful CS Bookmark You have
- Programs & Classes
- Learn HTML
- Learn CSS
- Learn React.js
- Full Stack Tutorials
- Learn Node.js
- Learn APIs
- Learn Databases
- Learn Authentication
- Learn Git
- Games & Challenge Websites
- Free Programming Books
- Open Source Contribution Opportunities
- Am I Ready to be a Developer?
- Software Developer Success Stories
- Resume’s, Portfolio’s, LinkedIn, Interview Prep, & Salary Information
How to Learn
What is the Single most useful CS Bookmark you have?
Programs and Classes
Assorted Reddit Links
Anyone have any cool HTML links? Open a PR on the GitHub Repo and add them!
- Courses.AngularClass.com — Topics Include: webpack, nodejs, npm, es5, es6, esnext, & rxjs, typescript
- [Course Link] [Reddit Post]
- [Edabit — Website Link] [Reddit Post]
- Intermediate Course — Udacity — OOP JS
Learn React JS
3rd Party Tutorials
Full Stack Tutorials
- Intro to Back End Web Development
- Deploying Applications with Heroku
- Client Server Communication
- Serverless Stack is a comprehensive guide to creating full-stack serverless applications. Create a note taking app from scratch using React.js, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, and Cognito.
- Express — Using a DB with Mongoose
- Node JS and Databases
- Node JS and Authentication
- Express JS Database Integration
- MERN Stack Tutorial — Mongo, Express, React, Node
- MongoDB MERN Tutorial Series
- Full Stack MERN Tutorial — YouTube
- Build a URL Shortener with Node, Hapi, and Mongo
- How to Create a Complete Express.js + Node.js + MongoDB CRUD and REST Skeleton
- Building web app using react.js, express.js, node.js and mongodb — Part 1, 2
- Trello tribute with Phoenix, React, Redux, PostgreSQL — 12 parts
- Create a character voting app using React, Node.js, MongoDB and Socket.IO
- Building a React Universal Blog App: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Building a Secure RESTful Node.js app
Cool stuff other people have built:
Learn Node JS
Official Node.js Docs
Best Resources for learning Node.js [Reddit Link]
Official Tutorial — Learn Git in 15 Minutes
Games and Challenge Websites
Games to learn Programming in an easy and fun way [Reddit Link]
Coding Challenge Websites [Reddit Link] [Reddit Link #2]
Free Programming Books
Open Source Contribution Opportunities
Am I Ready to be a Developer?
Software Developer Success Stories
- 18 months ago I didn’t know how to code, I’m now a self-taught programmer who’s made apps for the NBA, NHL, and schools like Purdue, Notre Dame, Alabama and Clemson. I’m now releasing my software under the MIT license for anyone’s use — AMA!
- Last year I was unemployed and miserable. Using this sub and resources, I’ve been full time employed for a year. I did it with all free resources. I wanna share with you how I did it. (IOS)
- I began teaching myself to code a year ago. I got hired at my first job 4 months ago. Here is a breakdown of somethings I was not ready for (FYI job is remote ruby/rails dev)
- I’m 32 years old, and just started my first full-time job as a developer. One year ago my programming knowledge was basically nil. Everything I learned, I found via /r/learnprogramming, so just wanted to share my experience.
- From zero to software developer — Not really a success story, but a lot of redditors share how they learned. Great for beginners with no path
Get The Job
Resume, Portfolio, LinkedIn, Interview Prep, and Salary Information
How to Apply
Resume & LinkedIn
Join Hacker Noon
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.