We’ve built a new product, STORY LICENSING, in collaboration with long time Hacker Noon contributors, CosmicJS Founders Tony Spiro & Carson Gibbons. STORY LICENSING is a site for users to bid to republish high-quality and high traffic blog posts on their own site, application or blog.
All Hacker Noon and AMI Publications blog posts are searchable on the site, and we look forward to bringing contributing writers opportunities to monetize their previously published stories. We made this marketplace to increase demand for stories and writers, and make it easier for sites to increase their publishing volume of remarkable blog posts.
It’s on ProductHunt Today — happy to discuss more about the product there, or via email Hello@StoryLicensing.com.
- StoryLicensing.com — republish quality and high trafficked blog posts
- Announcement Post: Republish High Quality Blog Posts on Your Own Site or Blog
- About the Tech: How We Built the Story Licensing App using Next.js, Algolia and Cosmic JS
- FAQ: Details About The Blog Post Republishing Site
- All Posts About Story Licensing
- This is an MVP product in beta. We all ears for feedback at Hello@StoryLicensing.com.
ONTO TUESDAY TECH MATTERS — HERE’S 23 STORIES TO READ IN TECH:
THE 3 MUST-READS ON HACKER NOON
Do VCs really add value? — Founders say sometimes. by Carl Fritjofsson. “As venture capitalists, we pride ourselves on being ‘value-added investors.’ We not only provide financial means to scale a company, but it is often accompanied by advice, connections and professional services of various kinds. I always aspire to be the most trusted and helpful investor and advisor to any company I get involved with. But in all honesty, I’m fairly certain that VCs tend to oversell the impact we have at a company and the actual value-add we bring.”
Killing Kickstarter: The Crypto Killer App Blueprint by Daniel Jeffries. “Kickstarter lists payment processor fees at 3% + .20 cents per pledge, though it outright says the payments can fluctuate as high as 5%. It may not seem like it but that’s a lot of money lost over time to middlemen. It adds up fast. In contrast, the average Bitcoin fee stood at .4825% on the day that I looked at it. The average Bitcoin Cash fee rolled in at around 0.0982%. Ethereum came in at 0.0991%. And that’s just a fraction of the coins out there. Some of them have dramatically lower fees and make it a focus to keep those fees super low.”
- Pick an alphabet you wouldn’t be able to name characters from. Chinese characters are my favorite choice when I practice. 熟能生巧
- Ask yourself which symbols in your equations or jargon terms in your slides might not be immediately familiar to every human in your audience.
- Replace each one of those with a random letter from the alphabet you’ve chosen.
- For best results, have a friend reformat your slides so that things have also moved around a little bit visually.
- Try giving your talk/lesson.”
FREE Dev Courses
More DEV Life
Scaling Engineering Teams
Until next time, don’t take the realities of the world for granted.
P.S. Check out June’s best stories (so far).