Though WooCommerce itself doesn’t entail any cost, but it’s essential extensions do. Even though it’s a good investment, at times, fear of the uncertain might make you a bit skeptical of purchasing a plugin for your store.
If you are a beginner in WooCommerce and are still unsure of the plugins your store would require, you have come to the right place.
We have curated a list of some of the amazing dynamic pricing and discounts plugins which would serve as highly useful for all the basic pricing requirements and they come at no cost!
It’s easy and straightforward setup is distinguishable. Moreover, for a basic plugin, its list of features is quite extensive. The plugin author provides awesome support for free version too.
- Product rules support variations too. Thus, rules can be set up at variation level.
- Product based and Category based rules can be set up.
- Category based rule type can be used in a number of ways like giving discounts when two or more items are purchased together.
- Discount rules based on user roles.
- Date selector is available. Using this, the discounts can be made disabled when required.
- Offer Table is available which would display the list of all the available discounts to the customers.
- Customization of the position of the offer table.
- Pricing table can be customized to fit the theme requirement.
- Different discount types can be set up for different rules. The available discount types are — “Percentage Discount”, “Flat Discount” and “Fixed Price”.
- Discount can be given based on Attributes, Shipping method, Payment Option.
- Plays well with the WooCommerce Product Add-Ons. Through the plugin’s settings page, you can choose to either give the discount only on the regular price or even on the Addon price.
- Product-wise discount can be set up for “Cart” as well as “Categories”.
- Recurring rules can be enabled for each rule from the settings page.
- Code snippet for hiding or displaying the “Sale” tag.
- Code snippet to remove the ‘strike through’ price.
- No option to setup a global discount rule.
- No option to remove the discount if a coupon code is applied.
- A bit difficult to set up without the documentation help.
Beeketing for WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that supercharges your eCommerce site with powerful features — it’s the most comprehensive marketing toolkit for WooCommerce you’ll ever need. With this tool, you can create a lot of discount options and advertise those offers right on your website in many different ways.
- All Free gift / Free Shipping / Discount offers can be created to increase checkout rate
- A countdown timer can be added to create a sense of urgency for your offers
- Provide both percentage discounts and fixed discounts
- Cart level discounts can be set up. Example: Spend over $100 and get 5% discount
- Offer discounts when buying in product bundles
- Choose to show the offer before or after purchasing
- Choose to show offer on exit-intent or after specific conditions qualified
- Ask customers to share their cart on Facebook / Twitter to receive a discount code / free shipping / free gift
- Designed to be beautiful, modern, and well-optimized for high conversion rates
- Cannot set up discount rules at the variation level
- Free to get started but some premium features require a paid account to access
Having seen the 10,000+ active installs figure, we tried this out. Here’s what we have to say on this –
- They have a way to set up a global discount rule for all the available products Though the process is a bit complicated, but nonetheless, it’s there.
- Customization in terms of display of discounts.
- Option to remove the discount if a coupon code is applied.
- Neat interface. Did not require any documentation help while setting up the plugin.
- Different rules cannot be set up at variation label. The variation has to follow the product rule.
- Each product can have at max 5 rules.
- Discount based on only “Quantity” is available.
- Selection among “Percentage Discount”, “Flat Discount” and “Fixed Price” is done at the settings label. Thus, one type of discount shall have be applicable to all the products.
- Category based discount (we have to remove it from our free version)
- Adjustment (we can discuss on whether this should also be removed or not)
- They do not have “Max” check on quantity.
- They do not have a check on “Max value” of the discount.
- From the look of the support forum, it doesn’t provide support.
This plugin has a huge number of features which explains its 7000+ active installs.
- A good number of features available in the basic version.
- Just like some other plugins you get the option to disable discount if a coupon code is applied.
- Highly confusing settings page.
- You can see all the premium features, some of them are just made unclickable.
- Poor interface. The display of the tooltip section is highly unprofessional.
- It takes a good amount of time before you can set up the plugin to meet your requirements.
- It’s very confusing to know which feature is not present in the basic version as you can
Having all essential features, it has a user-friendly interface
- Neat interface.
- Some advanced features like cart rules are available.
- Each field is well explained in the plugin.
- “AND”” OR” feature for conditions while setting up rules.
- Choosing between “Step rules” and “Interval Rules”. “Step rules”. This feature is added for the recurring rule functionality.
- Discount based on only “quantity”.
- Only “Flat Discount” and “Percentage Discount”. “Fixed Price” not available.
- Cannot set up rules at variation level.
- No option to select calculation mode.
Hope our list helps your store in choosing the right Dynamic Pricing and Discounts plugin!