We live in a highly connected world, and mobile applications have long since become a must for modern businesses. Moreover, products, solutions, or services provided without synchronization with software lose out to those that are synced with users’ smartphones.
According to the statistics provided by Data.ai, the number of mobile app downloads increased from 140,68 to 230 billion in the period from 2016 to 2021.
Number of mobile app downloads worldwide from 2016 to 2021
Mobile applications help businesses be in close connection with their clients and receive feedback from them. Besides, if you use a cross-platform mobile app, you will win a larger audience of clients that use different operating systems.
Nowadays, there are so many tools and frameworks for developing cross-platform mobile applications. The most essential thing in this process is to build a mobile app with a look-and-feel UI/UX design capable of targeting several operating systems and keeping high performance at the same time.
Let’s explore what aspects you should consider while developing a mobile app for your business:
Qt is a leading UI and cross-platform framework that can help you implement all these stages. Additionally, using Qt can save your budget since this framework is open-source.
Here are 6 benefits that you can get from Qt and its tools:
1. A cross-platform mobile app with native features. Qt framework allows for targeting various operating systems without changing source code. Thus, it speeds up the development process.
2. Qt is easy to learn. Qt provides developers with strong support. It is documented properly, so a developer can find numerous examples and detailed explanations on how to create functionalities, features, and parts of a mobile application. Besides, there are special community support channels through which developers can get answers to all the questions that may arise in the development process.
4. Building UIs for touchscreens. Qt contains special tools and UI libraries for developing both 2D and 3D designs with various visuals. It allows developers to simulate and work in 3D using various prebuilt shader effects, animations, touch-based inputs, and other instruments.
5. Proper testing process. Qt enables an efficient and comfortable testing process by providing developers with the Qt Quick Test framework. With the help of it, you can test your UI by simulating the keyboard, touch, and other events.
6. Easy and rapid prototyping. Qt framework enables quick and easy development and validation process. It is possible due to the reusable class libraries and consolidated design and development procedures.
A big plus here is that Qt provides options for close collaboration between designers and developers. So, with Qt, it is easy to create a mobile app product from scratch and get it to market thanks to the API tools.
Qt is a mature and large framework that can help you optimize the process of building your cross-platform mobile application. If you chose to use Qt, you can hire one team of developers to create an app that will target several operating systems.