I made an another command line tool, the flog. flog is a fake log generator for common log formats such as apache-common, apache error and RFC3164 syslog: flog
It is useful for testing some tasks which require log data like amazon kinesis log stream test.
Flog currently supports following features:
- Completely random log generator
- Support stdout, file and gzip type of logging
And I have a plan for support below additional features for next versions.
- Contextual random log generator
- Statistical random log generator
- Support some other syslog formats
- Support custom log format (Most important feature, it will be added to flog version 1.0.0)
I hope this could help someone who want to test something which require log data.