Yesterday my co-founder asked me why do I still use Twitter. And to be honest, especially now when my feed is full of tweets about Donald Drumpf and Election Debates — I often ask myself the same question. Probably the one and only reason why I still haven't given up on Twitter is because it's a great place to find inspiration.
Even though, I never followed more than 200 people (at any given time), my feed is (usually) full of interesting stuff. So I ran a small analysis of the best accounts I follow and I've decided to make a list of some of the most inspiring ones.
To make it a bit more interesting — I've decided not to include accounts which have more than 25,000 followers, as you probably already follow them. (For the same reason I also excluded all accounts with a Followers/Following-ratio over 60, and everyone with a Social Authority Index over 65).
1. Shakil Khan — Co-Founder at Student.com — Investor in @Spotify — Friend of @charitywater | Followers: 20,619 | F/F ratio: 7.8 | Social Authority: 65
2. Alex MacCaw — @clearbit co-founder. Tea, Earl Grey, hot. | Followers: 17,859 | F/F ratio: 8.5 | Social Authority: 64
4. Bram Kanstein — 80’s kid, 90’s internet explorer | Co-founder of growth marketing agency @offtherecord | Made @startupstash | Digital Strategy & Startups are my thing | AMA! | Followers: 12,944 | F/F ratio: 2.9 | Social Authority: 62
5. Kevin Gibbon — Co-founder, CEO of @shyp. Canadian. Ship me stuff @kevin. | Followers: 4,552 | F/F ratio: 9.1 | Social Authority: 60
6. eFounders — eFounders is a Startup Studio — we’ve built @textmaster @frontapp @aircall @mention @spendesk @hivyapp @illustrio @forestSaaS. | Followers: 3,494 | F/F ratio: 4.3 | Social Authority: 60
7. Jan Rezab — Entrepreneur. Board member @GoodbabyInt, Founder/Chairman of @Socialbakers, Forbes 30 Under 30, Chairman @GameeApp, Organizer #Engage2017 | Followers: 20,019 | F/F ratio: 3.2 | Social Authority: 54
8. Eoghan McCabe — Aspiring inventor. CEO and co-founder of @intercom | Followers: 9,093 | F/F ratio: 18 | Social Authority: 54
9. Shai Wininger — Co-Founder of Lemonade & Fiverr, Entrepreneur, Father of two amazing kids | Followers: 2,672 | F/F ratio: 37.6 | Social Authority: 53
10. Nilan Pieris — VP Growth @TransferWise | Followers: 3,017 | F/F ratio: 1.9 | Social Authority: 52
12. Brian Balfour — Founder/CEO @ Reforge, Previously VP Growth @ HubSpot, EIR @ Trinity Ventures, Co-Founder at Boundless, Viximo, and PopSignal. | Followers: 11,619 | F/F ratio: 55.6 | Social Authority: 48
13. Felipe Cardoso Barbosa — CMO at @routeinsights a Marketing Automation Startup. Inbound and content marketing certified professional by @HubSpot and @rockcontent | Followers: 1,646 | F/F ratio: 1 | Social Authority: 46
14. Alexander Griffioen — Head of Design at @thenextweb • Natural born chiller | Followers: 1,435 | F/F ratio: 4| Social Authority: 50
15. Guillaume Durao — Early stage VC @idinvest. Ex @mangrovevc. Want to connect with top European Internet / Software entrepreneurs. French/Portuguese. @INSEAD MBA. Football player. | Followers: 1,308 | F/F ratio: 1 | Social Authority: 44
16. Navid Hadzaad — Product Leader @Amazon. Passionate about making our everyday life easier. @Forbes #30under30 2016. snapchat: therealnavid | Followers: 9,930 | F/F ratio: 31.3 | Social Authority: 40
17. Marco Zappacosta — Co-Founder & CEO of @thumbtack | Followers: 4,338 | F/F ratio: 3.6 | Social Authority: 40
18. Or Offer — Co-Founder & CEO @SimilarWeb | Followers: 1,044 | F/F ratio: 4.7 | Social Authority: 29
19. Jared McDaniel — Co-founder, designer of @helpscout | Followers: 1,088 | F/F ratio: 2.9 | Social Authority: 23
20. Friedrich A. Neuman — i’m a paulista living in berlin. citizen of the world. learning to fly. a startup’s first investor. entrepreneur at heart. founder/ceo @MAKERSdo | Followers: 288 | F/F ratio: 0.3 | Social Authority: 20
Please let me know in case I missed someone really interesting. And feel free to share your own list in the comments section.
Written by Dominik Vacikar.
spaceship.rocks**Spaceship** | join beyond