I love using RSS to follow the programming and tech news I care about. Unfortunately, the number of sites supporting RSS has been in rapid decline over the last few years. The reader ecosystem is slowly degrading as well. Facebook and Twitter’s dominance is now delivering its final blow to the open standard of RSS.
Many power users of RSS are developers, designers and journalists. Together, we hope to tip the balance and#ReviveRSS. With the help of the community we can build an RSS experience that’s polished, bug free and popular enough to convince publications to improve their support for open standards and RSS.
Winds is not perfect yet, we’re working on it though and with your help we might just manage to #ReviveRSS
- Star Winds on Github
- Share your feedback on Winds’ features and roadmap on Product Hunt
- Tweet about Winds & RSS
- Ask your favorite publications to fix and/or implement RSS support
- Write about Winds and RSS
- Contribute to Winds on Github
A huge thank you to:
- Hackernoon for sharing this message
- Dev.to for getting the community involved
- Product Hunt for the product feedback
- My colleagues at Stream for building and sponsoring Winds
- Algolia for sponsoring Winds
- MongoDB for helping with promotion
And of a course many thanks to the devrel team at Stream for taking what started out as an example app and turning it into such a beautiful polished experience!
This post was originally written by Thierry Schellenbach, CEO at GetStream.io. The original post can be found at https://getstream.io/blog/winds-2-0-its-time-to-revive-rss/.