Replay of “Ben Gilbert of Acquired on The End of Government, The Death of Apple and The Amazon Apocalypse”
Ben Gilbert’s an ex-Microsoft guy with a passion for startups and growth. He runs Pioneer Square Labs, an innovative venture studio that after raising $12M, has cranked out half a dozen successful startup spin offs — think Rocket Internet without the copy/paste. Ben is also the co-host of the Acquired podcast where he and David Rosenthal MD of Madrona Venture Group discuss the most prolific acquisitions and IPOs in tech history.
Listen and Learn:
- Why most acquisitions and IPOs fail
- An unconventional and effective approach to venture
- How to spin out a startup
- What driverless cars mean for the future
- Why Apple is in trouble and Google’s business model is over
- The future of IPOs and the stock market
- How Amazon will own everything
- Why Facebook is the king of acquisitions
If you got something actionable or valuable from this post or enjoyed the interview, go ahead and “Clap” below.