Replay of “Ben Gilbert of Acquired on The End of Government, The Death of Apple and The Amazon…
Replay of “Ben Gilbert of Acquired on The End of Government, The Death of Apple and The Amazon Apocalypse”
Ben Gilbert’s an ex-Microsoft guy with a passion for startups and growth. He runs Pioneer Square Labs, an innovative venture studio that after raising $12M, has cranked out half a dozen successful startup spin offs — think Rocket Internet without the copy/paste. Ben is also the co-host of the Acquired podcast where he and David Rosenthal MD of Madrona Venture Group discuss the most prolific acquisitions and IPOs in tech history.
Listen and Learn:
- Why most acquisitions and IPOs fail
- An unconventional and effective approach to venture
- How to spin out a startup
- What driverless cars mean for the future
- Why Apple is in trouble and Google’s business model is over
- The future of IPOs and the stock market
- How Amazon will own everything
- Why Facebook is the king of acquisitions
Check out the Original Episode Here!
If you got something actionable or valuable from this post or enjoyed the interview, go ahead and “Clap” below.
Join Hacker Noon
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.