1. Explain what is OpenStack?
OpenStack is a set of software tools for managing and building cloud computing platforms and also used for handling a large group of virtual machines with the help of the graphical user interface. The working of OpenStack is similar to Linux and It is a free and open-source software cloud computing platform.
2. What are the advantages of using OpenStack?
The following are the advantages of using Openstack:
3. How many types of storages are provided by the Openstack?
Openstack provides two types of storages:
4. Name the three important modular architecture of OpenStack?
The following are the three modular architecture components for OpenStack
5. What is the command used for managing floating IP addresses in Openstack?
6. Give an overview of OpenStack Services?
OpenStack offers services like
7. What does “User”, “role” and “tenant” indicate in OpenStack?
8. What is a hypervisor?
The hypervisor is a piece of computer software that provides virtual machine access to the underlying hardware. The hypervisor creates, manages and monitors virtual machines and the system on which one or more virtual machines are defined is referred to as the host machine.
9. What are the types of hypervisor does OpenStack supports?
10. What are the two types of storage does OpenStack Compute provides?
OpenStack provides two types of block storage,
11. What are the three types of persistent storage?
The Three types of Persistent Storage are:
12. Explain the basic functions of Identity Service in OpenStack?
The basic functions of Identity Service are
13. What are the main components of identity user management?
14. Name the networking options used in OpenStack?
The following are the networking options used in OpenStack
15. What is the meaning of the term “Cinder” in OpenStack service?
OpenStack provides a service called cinder for handling persistent storage for virtual machines. There are multiple backends for cinder and the default backend which is utilized is LVM, also called Cinder-Volumes.
16. List out the storage locations for VM images in OpenStack?
17. Explain what is Cells in OpenStack?
Cells are the groups that are separated from the hosts of the OpenStack compute cloud. Cells later configured as trees.
18. What is the hardware used for networking in OpenStack?
The following are the hardware used for networking in OpenStack
19. How can you transfer volume from one owner to another in OpenStack?
We can transfer a volume from one owner to another by using the command
20. What is the bare-metal node?
A bare-metal node is used for a single-tenant cloud and gives access to bare metal drivers, which is used for handling physical hardware resources on the same network.
21. What does bare-metal comprise of?
The bare metal node comprises of two separate components
22. What is the command used to remove the network interface from the bare-metal node?
Command used to remove network interface from the bare-metal node is bare-metal – interface remove.
23. What is the function of the Cinder Scheduler?
Cinder Scheduler is also known as routing volume which is used to create requests for appropriate volume service.
24. What is meant Token in OpenStack?
The token is an alpha-numeric string that is similar to passed-based validation which is used for the authentication of keystone. With the generated token users can access a certain set of services depending upon the access level of the user. The token comes with a limited period of time. Once the given time period exceeds, it has to be renewed again.
25. Explain about OpenStack Python SDK?
SDK(Software Development Kit) is used for writing python scripts and provides a platform for OpenStack where all the services can be managed in one place. The languages in SDK bind access to the OpenStack clouds, and complete API reference with easy interaction with REST API
26. What are the commands used for pausing and unpausing an instance?
Command used to pause an Instance:
$ nova pause INSTANCE_NAME
Command used to unpause an instance:
$ nova unpause INSTANCE_NAME
27. What is the command used for listing IP address information?
$ nova floating-IP-pool-list
28. What is meant by the term “flavor” in OpenStack?
The term flavor in OpenStack refers to an available hardware configuration for a server, which defines the size of a virtual server that is to be launched.
For More Information, visit our website: https://www.iqonlinetraining.com
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.