What To Do When Your Code Breaks
A definitive guide to relieving the stress of programming.
- Highlight the portion of the red error-message that appears to be in legible English.
- Copy and paste the error directly into Google search.
- Ctrl-Click the first 6–10 entries from stackoverflow to saturate your browser with enough tabs to obfuscate which is which.
- Brew a shot of espresso directly into the half-full cup of coffee you brewed 20 minutes ago.
- Proceed to copy and paste the code from a potential solution into your program without reading any of the descriptions or context.
- Run your code and repeat step 5 until the error messages finally shut up or you run out of tabs.
- Read the latest blog posts about the iPhone X.
- Switch from coffee to beer and reason that depressants make an ideal solution to neutralizing stimulants.
- Open a new browser and direct it to Medium to document the process of relieving stress.
Subscribe to get your daily round-up of top tech stories!