Nginx + PHP + Docker: How To Get PHP Page Up With Local Domain Name
Too Long; Didn't Read Nginx + PHP + Docker: How To Get PHP Page Up With Local Domain Name. 20,393 reads: How to get PHP page up with local domain name. Igor Fomin Full stack web developer, tech lead, project manager by Igor Fom. I will setup a very simple php page with docker and nginx. I use my own php.ini file, that I copy to php container, so if I need to change some settings, I simply do changes in php.ino and restart container.
I will setup a very simple php page with docker and nginx.
Source files can be found here:
https://github.com/ikknd/docker-study in folder recipe-02
1. Create a project folder setup:
In "php" folder I will create index.php file that executes phpinfo().
2. Create nginx config site.conf in "docker" folder:
- this is what tells nginx how to connect to php container
3. Edit /etc/hosts file on host machine, and add a record:
4. Create docker-compose.yml file in "docker" folder:
Here I do several things:
- I use my own php.ini file, that I copy to php container, so if I need to change some settings, I simply do changes in php.ini and restart container
- If I do changes in php code in index.php file, there is no need to restart container, changes get applied immediately with browser page reload.
- "depends_on" - prevents container to start before other container, on which it depends
5. Go to /var/www/docker-study.loc/recipe-02/docker/ and execute:
If I now try
in browser, I will see php info results.