A better way to track the price of your favorite digital assets.
After weeks of hard work, we are proud to announce the public beta release of our latest project Coindex.
Download Coindex Crypto Price Tracker on iOS
Mo’ crypto, mo’ problems
When I first heard of Bitcoin in 2011, it did not take long before I was driving my friends, family, and colleagues crazy over this mysterious technology called blockchain. By 2013, we had a small mining operation in our office. Recently, I launched the Crypto Aquarium — A community for blockchain and cryptocurrency enthusiasts, miners, investors, developers, and entrepreneurs.
I challenged the Cellaflora team to a cryptocurrency trading competition last Christmas, we quickly realized how painful it was to track prices and trade performance. Coinbase offers a user-friendly way of buying and selling Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum, but if we wanted to invest in other digital assets like Zcash or Sia, things got complicated. The problem is that many popular cryptocurrency exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex do not offer a mobile app. We saw a need for a Robinhood for cryptocurrencies, and seeing that software design and development is our core business, we set out to solve this problem.
— Coindex was born 👶
What does Coindex do?
This Pokedex inspired iOS app is still in the infant stage, yet it offers a delightful user experience for building a watchlist and viewing charts of your favorite cryptocurrencies. It has a simple and intuitive paper trading feature and includes an “about” section for each coin.
What are people saying about the app?
Our community has been a real motivator throughout the process and has provided some amazing feedback. In a short time, the Coindex iOS public beta has received 4,000+ signups from users in 20+ countries (thank you Beta List and Cryptominded 👏).
We want to be the world’s primary cryptocurrency app, and we believe building a relationship with our users is key to our product’s success.
“Seeing that software design and development is our core business, we set out to solve this problem.”
There has been a overwhelming amount of feedback from our early adopters. Here are some popular requests:
- Price alerts
- News feed
- Live trading
- ICO calendar
- Portfolio tracking
- Notification center widget
- Android and desktop apps
- Bittrex (currently we support Poloniex)
- Additional fiat pairings (Euro, Pound, Yen, etc)
We need your help
Building a polished product that solves a problem is hard. It is crucial that we get honest feedback (early and often) from users to help drive the product. This will help us prepare Coindex for a version 1.0 release on Product Hunt.
Upvote Coindex on Product Hunt 😸
- Coindex — Cryptocurrency price tracking on iOS
- Product Hunt — Coindex on Product Hunt
- Vinny Lingham — Why Tokens are Eating the World
- Cellaflora — A software design and development studio
- Cryptominded — A curated directory of cryptocurrency resources
- Crypto Aquarium — A blockchain and cryptocurrency community
- Satoshi Nakamoto — Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
- The Coinbase Blog — When is the right time to invest in digital currency?
Other posts by Josh Petty
- This Community is Putting Fish On the Blockchain 🐟 https://medium.com/@jashpetty/this-community-is-putting-fish-on-the-blockchain-2a56450cedcb
- The Forkening 🍴- A short explanation of the Bitcoin hardfork. https://medium.com/@jashpetty/the-forkening-d3acda735af2
P.S. If you would like to help our big dreams come true, please share this post with a friend 🐳
Thank you for your support! Keep calm and HODL on ✌️