Florence Githinji is the Regional Marketing Manager of YellowCard, a crypto company in Africa that enables its users to buy and sell crypto with various payment options. She has an extensive background working in Marketing and a deep understanding of the systems in place in the East African region. Coming from a background in Journalism, she has established herself as a Marketer and has notably worked for Microsoft as a Social Media Manager.
In this episode of Founders Connect, Florence shares her background with me, her career history and trajectory, insights on marketing and specifically crypto marketing in Africa, and advice for women seeking to work in the tech industry. It’s incredibly amazing to see someone with this much capacity to create impact, and there is so much to learn from her.
- Background, Childhood, Growing Up
- Moving from Journalism to Marketing
- Key Milestones from Jobs done
- Most important lesson learned from Moving Jobs
- Leaving Ringier
- Working in Microsoft
- Main Takeaways from working at Microsoft experience
- Working at YellowCard
- The countries it operates in
- Day to Day as a Regional Marketing Manager
- Complexities of the East African Market
- Things that have made it easy for Florence to move across different roles and skillsets, from a Marketing background
- How she is helping people understand Crypto
- Advice for women who want to build a career in tech and marketing