Mobile apps, irrelevant of the platform they are underpinned by, have been increasingly gaining more and more traction, thanks to the highly digital world that we now live in. Also, give the functionalities and features, which substantially ease users’ lives, they offer, the widespread acceptance they have received doesn’t come as a surprise. Neither is the growing trend of enterprises rushing to adopt them is an extraordinary occurrence — at least not anymore. However, this demand for mobile apps means that the people who help build them, i.e., developers, must be sure to make use of rugged technology to create them. So as far as native apps go, Xamarin is a leading name that comes up.
However, one may wonder precisely what about Xamarin makes it so accessible. Well, there are a variety of reasons that have practically propelled Xamarin to the ranks of a superstar in development circles. Over the years, this framework has consistently proven its mettle as a trusted resource for creating high-quality mobile apps for various platforms, including iOS, Windows, and Android among others.
Now, let’s take a detailed look at a handful of reasons why every enterprise must use Xamarin for developing mobile apps.
1. High-quality app development: Xamarin offers two excellent tools, namely, Xamarin forms and Xamarin Native, which help with the development of native cross-platform apps. This framework allows as much as 75 percent of the code to be shared with an integrated user interface library for Android, Windows, and iOS. Also, when using Xamarin for native app design, you can rest assured that the app will have not only multiple device-specific features but also offers accessibility to users.
2. Access to languages: Xamarin empowers developers with access to a slew of programming language libraries, including that of C, C++, Java, and Objective-C.
3. Easy integration: With Xamarin Forms, developers can speed up the integration and configuration process. The framework also makes it simpler to share back-end code with various buttons, labels, gesture support, and lists among other controls necessary in the context of native app development.
4. Novel binding links: If you are using Xamarin for cross-platform app development, then its Software Development Kit (SDK) comes in very handy in delivering smooth use and navigation through and across the app. Furthermore, it also helps developers steer clear of lags and errors during the development process.
5. Cost-effective: It features a set of unique functions and features that help cut down development costs and the developer’s efforts. In addition to that, Xamarin’s robust database, networking support, and serialization, and more, further help save money and precious time.
When it comes to mobile apps, users today are spoiled for choice. While it’s great for them, it also means that enterprises must put in double the work and ensure that the apps they offer are highly accessible and come with excellent functionalities. So what better way to deliver that than harnessing the potential of Xamarin solutions?