It’s backed by Google, hence you should not worry about it being out-dated and lose relevance in a couple of years. Any investment you made in learning Angular will pay you rich dividends in the coming years.
As per StackOverflow’s 2018 Survey, Angular is the second most popular framework after Node.js and one of the main reasons behind JavaScirpt’s popularity among web developers.
Without wasting any more of your time, here are my favorite courses, tutorials, and books to learn Angular 2+ in 2018. The list contains both free and paid resources, suitable for both beginners and intermediate front-end developers.
1. Angular 6 (formerly Angular 2) — The Complete GuideLet me tell you first that I am a big fan of Max’s teaching style and his courses. They are probably the best resources to learn Angular on the web and no surprise they are also the best-sellers on Udemy.
This course will help you to learn Angular (Angular 2+, incl. Angular 6) and build awesome, reactive web apps.
Instructor — @Maximilian Schwarzmüller
Just check the preview of courses as they are free and won’t take much of your time. I am sure you will fall in love with this course.
Instructor — Anthony Alicea
3. Angular — Tutorial: Tour of HeroesThis is the official tutorial from the Angular team, so it’s also the most up-to-date resource to learn Angular in 2018.
The Tour of Heroes tutorial covers the fundamentals of Angular.
In this tutorial, you will build an app that helps a staffing agency manage its stable of heroes.
I am a big fan of StackOverflow and use it daily while doing a lot of programming and web development task.
It’s full of great developers and experts and you get a good chance to learn from their experience.
How about a book, which is made of StackOverflow content? Well, Angular 2 Notes for Professionals is just that. It’s 200+ page free eBook with full of tricks and tips from StackOverflow.
5. An Angular 5 Tutorial — Step by Step Guide to Your First Angular 5 AppToptal, as the name suggests, is a website to find top talent in any technology but it also contains some of the most in-depth tutorials on different technologies.
If you are new to Angular then you can take this Angular 5 from Scratch tutorial to start your journey. No previous Angular experience required.
6. Angular Crash Course for Busy DevelopersThis is another best selling Angular course from Udemy and, as the name suggests, it’s kind of a crash course which starts with the word go.
If you have limited time to learn Angular 4 (Angular 2+), take this course and learn Angular in just 10 hours!
Instructor — Mosh Hamedani (Mosh Hamedani)
7. Getting Started with Angular 2+ — freeThis is a free course to learn Angular from Udemy and it’s also a great one. You can easily earn how to build your first Angular 2+ app by following the instructions of Ryan Chenkie in this course.
The free Angular courses in Udemy are mostly created for marketing purposes but they are no lacking in quality as the instructor wants to promote their best content to get the attention of millions of students on the Udemy platform.
Instructor — Ryan Chenkie (Ryan Chenkie)
8. Angular — Mastering the Basics — freeThis is another awesome course to learn Angular for free. It’s a comparatively shorter course when you compare it with the likes of Max’s course or Anthony Alicea’s paid courses but it’s FREE.
If you want to start with a free resource this is perfect to learn Angular basics from scratch.
Instructor — Vishwas Gopinath (@Vishwas Gopinath)
9. Angular Fast Crash Course — freeAnother awesome free Angular course from Udemy. You can use this course to learn to use Angular 2, 4, 5, 6 and beyond.
It’s a fast-paced course and ideal for busy developers or someone who is in a rush to learn Angular to start with the project.
Instructor — Edwin Diaz
10. Angular: Getting Started — PluralsightThis is one of the best Angular courses from Pluralsight. In this course, you will learn how to create great web apps and stay up to date on the latest app development technologies, by coming up to speed quickly with Angular’s components, templates, and services.
Instructor — Deborah Kurata
Like any other Plurlasight courses, you will need a membership, monthly or yearly, to access this course.
If you are not sure, you can also try with a 10-day free trial which allows you to watch 200 minutes of course content for free.
That’s all about some of the best tutorials and online courses to learn the Angular 2+ framework. I have also included some courses and books, as they provide more comprehensive learning and, most of the time is the best place to start. If you have any other Angular tutorials you think should be in this list then feel free to drop a note.
Other Development Resources you may like:
Thanks, You made it to the end of the article … Good luck with your Web development journey with Angular! It’s certainly not going to be easy, but by following these resources, you are one step closer to becoming an Angular developer you always wanted to be.
If you like this article, then please share with your friends and colleagues, and don’t forget to follow on Twitter!