This platform will change video game digital distribution
Almost 15 years ago Valve changed the video game industry forever with the introduction of their Steam platform. What began as a simple way to roll patches for games like Counter-Strike turned into today’s biggest digital distribution platform for PC games, generating $3.5 billion in revenue for 2016. Since then others in the likes of EA’s Origin and CD Projekt‘s GOG have followed suit and seen massive success.
However, what all these platforms lack are flexible and economical ways for developers to promote, monetize, and improve engagement of their games on one hand, and proper motivational and incentive programs for gamers on the other.
Time for a Change
Here comes The Abyss — a project that rethinks the concept of digital game distribution. It’s being developed by Destiny Games, which has been around since 2008. The Abyss platform will be powered by the ABYSS token, while also accepting regular fiat payments and has more than 90 000 registered users already.
The Abyss is a next-generation digital distribution platform, delivering all types of video games (Free2play MMOs and…www.theabyss.com
What’s in it for the gamers:
- Personal five-level referral program: Invite your friends and earn ABYSS tokens from their store and in-game purchases up to five levels.
- Earnings from personal and joint achievements: Those in-game achievements won’t be just reserving you bragging rights but also earning you ABYSS tokens
- Monetized content creation: Reviews, streams, guides, commentary, and fan art will earn you tokens as well.
- Complete tasks set up by developers and earn even more tokens
What’s in it for the developers:
“The Abyss offers a fundamentally different logic of advertising interaction to the developers. By directly buying and selling targeted traffic to each other and receiving payments even from users leaving the game, developers become a sort of partners. The model for interaction is thus altered from being competitive to being collaborative and mutually beneficial. It provides an ability to reduce expenses on being competitive and accordingly entails potential income growth for developers.”
- Personal five-level referral program: User brought in by the developer provides the developer an income (paid in ABYSS tokens) from all payments and achievements in any other game on the platform. Developers can fully receive their share in fiat, regardless of the currency in which the initial payment was received by the platform.
- Get immediate access to a targeted audience, including those players actively generating content.
- Access to specialized game statistics
- Internal CPA Network
- Convenient and understandable mechanism for rotating traffic among any games on the platform via an internal system of advertising offers
- No fraud and fewer refunds in operations with ABYSS tokens compared to those using fiat.
Token Sale and Economics
“ Earlier this month Vitalik Buterin suggested upgrading the ICO concept by merging in some of the benefits of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs)
The Abyss Token Sale will represent an advanced and improved ICO mechanism, allowing token holders to control the fund withdrawal limit, also providing an option to vote for refund of the remaining contributed money in case the team fails to implement the project. With all this, The Abyss project is to become the world’s first Token Sale, pioneering and promoting the DAICO concept.
- The Abyss ICO will take place between MAR 7 — APR 7, 2018 (09:00 UTC)
- The token sale has been approved in the U.S. under Regulation D and U.S. residents will also be able to participate!
- Different bonuses will be available at different periods
PRICE: 1 ABYSS = 0.24 USD; MAXIMUM TOTAL TOKEN SUPPLY: 603.75M (All unsold tokens will be burned)
Token Burn Program
A third of The Abyss platform’s earnings from the internal CPA network and the auction transactions will be burned
None of this is financial advice & I’m not a financial advisor