TDD Conference 2021: Opening Ceremony by Alex Bunardzic
Senior software engineer specialized in declarative designs and S.O.L.I.D. and Agile lover. I’m senior software engineer. I'm a senior software developer specialized in Declarative Design and SaaSL.A.L., Agile Design. I'm also an Agile Lover. I love Agile design. I've been in Agile mode for more than a decade and a half of the last decade. I've also been in the Agile League for over a decade, but I'm not a fan of Agile.
I’m senior software engineer specialized in declarative designs and S.O.L.I.D. and Agile lover.
The first International Test Driven Development took place on July 10th
In this series, I will include every talk together with my notes and further reading.
Hopefully, a lot of readers will watch and rewatch the talks, as they are worth several views.
Alex is a software engineering veteran with over 30 years of hands-on professional experience. A staunch advocate of Extreme Programming and TDD, Alex is currently leading DevOps teams by coaching them in TDD practices.
With a science background, Alex shows us how to build software by watching nature
TL;DR: Setting the stage for the TDD revolution, how did it all begin and where are we today with TDD.
My Personal notes
- This is the first conference and the passing torch to younger generations of TDD enthusiasts.
- We discovered TDD several years ago thanks to Kent Beck.
- We evolved with James Grenning's Zombies Formula.
- Ron Jeffries' Never let the code not be working.
- And so on...
- TDD is not as easy to sell as clean code, agility, secure architectures.
- We will consider it, but there's no time now.
TDD as a scientific method
- Based on positive enforcement and short feedback loops.
- Watching nature phenomena.
- Everything happens as a response to what happened earlier.
The Four current problems when we try to plan
- TDD Removes non-productive code.
- Less Debugger time.
- No more manually run the app.
- No different manual test scenarios, credentials, navigation, configuration, environments, etc.
Please follow TDD Conference on:
Also published on: https://maximilianocontieri.com/tdd-conference-2021-opening-ceremony-by-alex-bunardzic