Mobile Security in 200 Words
- Patch Known Security Vulnerabilities — Ensure updated OS & Apps versions are installed.
- Restrict Unauthorized Access to Your Device and to Sensitive Apps — Use pin-code or app-lock services.
- Theft Protection — Install an App which enable you to locate your device in case of a theft or loss. Make sure it also provides you the capability for a remote data wipe.
- Do not Jailbreak or Root your Device.
- Malicious Apps Detection & Prevention — Install advanced mobile threats protection solution & Install apps solely from official App Stores.
- Phishing Awareness — If you ever receive a message from an unknown source via instant messaging, MMS or email with a link, avoid accessing it.
- Secure yourself Against Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) Attacks — Avoid connecting to unknown Wi-Fi networks. If you do connect, make sure you’re using a VPN App which encrypts your traffic.
- Avoid iOS Malicious Configuration Profile Attacks — Never install or update by yourself an iOS provisioning profile or APN configurations.
- iOS Fake Developer Certificate Protection— Never install Apps with developer or demo certificate to avoid malicious Apps.
- Protect your Data — Avoid saving sensitive data on your device.
Join Hacker Noon
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.