When I first explored the world of expos and conferences two years ago, it was somewhat overwhelming for me, more like an open-book full of never-ending opportunities. Every one of them is an exceptional experience. It exposes you to different kinds of people, product, or even culture.
As we all know, blockchain and the digital world is slowly turning over, more and more conferences and meetups are happening in all parts of the globe to raise our awareness about cryptocurrency, its benefits, and how could it be better. Which also led for some to start building cryptocurrency communities that encourage discussions from a group of people who shares the same passion and experiences about blockchain. I think we got that covered in our previous article which shows a complete crypto marketing guide for those who are interested in venturing the crypto industry.
Many aspiring influencers and investors usually roam to such events in search of the latest trends and ideas within the blockchain space.
And as for some who completely immersed themselves in blockchain technology, these men and women have been around since the late 2000s. People like Charlie Lee and Vitalik Buterin are absolute legends in the field. Having their names included on your project can guarantee to get potential investors simply by association. You simply won’t meet these people by just walking around a blockchain convention or attending local panel gatherings. They usually have a highly protective team and a paywall just to ensure that their time is being spent wisely.
To find these people, you should have either a legacy or an agency. I have been working in Crowdcreate for so many years now and agencies like ours can help you get in touch to some of the most influential people in the crypto industry. Working hand-in-hand with our Engagement Platform, we’ll help your company to rapidly gain more influencers, TG members, fans, and roadshows/conferences to reach out further on potential investors. But before you take on the world, let me share a couple of things that will help you out on this journey.
1. Start researching the event and the participants. In Crowdcreate, once a specific project is ready, we immediately research their mission, vision, and goals. We always wanted to include these values in our marketing as if that project is our own. That also applies here. Knowing the presenters and participants — or sometimes, even their booth number gives you an advantage on who or what needs to be prioritized.
2. Dress accordingly. Before you say a single word to the public, first impressions can say a lot about you and that includes your outfit. And as for my personal experience, I recommend wearing light and comfortable clothes as you’re always progressing. Make it still presentable because who knows? You might meet someone prominent in the blockchain world.
3. Be there early. In this way, you avoid the frustrations of likely delays and interruptions like traffic or roadworks. Results? More peace of mind. Also, you get extra information that latecomers miss. Lastly, you’re building your own self-confidence.
4. Wander and browse. There are two ways to tackle a conference or an expo. If you know exactly what or who you need, head directly to them and use the map as a guide. Otherwise, simply wander and browse as you go.
5. Initiate a quick chat, but make it memorable. Communicating with someone can be difficult, especially at networking events you hardly know anyone. But, a simple “Hi there!” and “How are you?” can go a long way. Having a quick chat can lead to getting more connections in the future.
6. Have fun! We believe that injecting a tiny bit of humor in such events can achieve the purpose of the occasion much more successfully.
Meeting up with various people with different backgrounds exercises your self-confidence and the ability to deal with pressure. Your first step is by making yourself available mainly because of connections. And with the help of our trusty checklist and expertise in blockchain marketing, who knows, you might run into a whale investor or potential partners on your next crypto conferences or meetups. In today’s world of commerce, business and even digital communication, remember; it’s not what you know, but rather who you know.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Maximize Your Community Engagement With Crowdcreate.
Crowdcreate is ranked by Forbes as the #1 Blockchain Marketing Agency. Companies raise more funds and grow their community larger when working with us.
Crowdcreate is a full-service marketing agency that specializes in social media management, community growth, design & branding, influencers, content creation, SEO and more.
We have worked with some of the largest crowdfunding ICOs and startups including BitClave, ANKER, and Tencent. We’ve raised over $106.4 million dollars across 45+ projects since 2014; we are a veteran team and one of the original crowdfunding agencies. Check us out here (https://www.crowdcreate.us).