Hackers, Rejoice! Participate in The $100,000 Postman API Hack
Lover of all things marketing and APIs.
Despite unprecedented circumstances this past year, APIs continue their spectacular growth into 2021. At Postman, we remain amazed by our creative API community of more than 13 million users and 500,000 organizations—so now we’d like to reward our community with an opportunity to win $100,000 in cash prizes in the virtual, global Postman API Hack. Today, we’re kicking off this exciting hackathon that’s all about showcasing the power of Postman and APIs, and we challenge you to show the world what APIs can do.
Here’s your chance to demonstrate to the global API community how you can use APIs in innovative ways that have business value, address a problem, and engage users while leveraging all the features that the Postman API platform has to offer.
Keep reading to find out how to participate in the Postman API Hack, whose winners will be announced at the Postman Galaxy API conference in February.
Things to know
- Hacking runs Jan. 5, 2021 (9 a.m. PST) to Jan. 25, 2021 (5 p.m. PST)
- $100,000 USD in cash prizes
- Read the official rules
- Register for the Postman API Hack
- Get help on the Resources page
- Watch the winners announced on February 3, 2021, at Postman Galaxy
Prizes for all
We’re awarding cash prizes totaling $100,000 to the top teams, and everyone with a qualified submission will receive a limited-edition Postman API Hack T-shirt.
- 1st Place, Intergalactic Grand Prize (1)
$25,000 USD awarded to the team with the best project
- 2nd Place, Andromeda Prize (1)
$15,000 USD awarded to the team with the 2nd best project
- 3rd Place, Nebula Prize (1)
$10,000 USD awarded to the team with the 3rd best project
- Honorable Mention, Moonshot Prize (10)
$5,000 USD prize awarded to the next ten highest scoring entries following the Grand Prize, Andromeda Prize, and Nebula Prize
- Blastoff Prize (all participants with an eligible submission)
Cool, limited-edition Postman API Hack T-shirt (1 per eligible entrant)
100,000 reasons to participate, but here’s our top 6
- Win stunning prizes. $100,000 in cash prizes are up for grabs, as well as cool swag.
- Build something that will make other developers’ lives easier. With Postman, you can easily make API calls, gather working requests into a collection, and then share your knowledge with others to help them make successful API calls even faster.
- Meet developers across the globe. Catch the attention of millions of fellow developers and collaborate with others across the globe.
- Learn something brand-new. Postman recently introduced public workspaces, and they’re transforming how APIs are developed by bringing people together in a single place for a shared interest in a specific set of APIs.
- Elevate your public profile. Build your portfolio of API collections and public workspaces to share with the developer community, potential customers, or employers.
- Be part of the Postman Galaxy API conference. Winners will be announced at Postman Galaxy—the global, virtual API conference.
How to get started
We know you’re eager to get going, so follow these preliminary steps before hacking. Learn the full details about the hackathon and sign up for everything you’ll need to participate:
This post originally appeared on the Postman blog, authored by Kin Lane.
Join Hacker Noon
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.