Checklist for Upgrading an EKS Kubernetes Cluster without Downtime
- Migrate any removed/deprecated Kubernetes APIs using devtron-labs/silver-surfer.
- Ensure Pod Disruption Budgets are set in your deployments
- Ensure Liveness and Readiness probes are set
- Plan to jump 2 K8s Node versions at a time if possible
- Plan the upgrade during off hours
- To upgrade eks cluster, stick to standard way of upgrading the EKS cluster using EKSCTL
A Kubenerd & Cloud Professional with a penchant for sharing knowledge.
Join Hacker Noon
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.