Disclosure: edX, the free online learning platform, has previously sponsored Hacker Noon.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Are you a lifelong learner? Expand your horizons with these 14 courses for curious minds - free on edX.
- The Rise of Superheroes and Their Impact On Pop Culture from the Smithsonian: Join comic book industry legend Stan Lee in this self-paced course to explore the history of the comic book and the rise of superheroes.
- Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science from Harvard: Top chefs and Harvard researchers explore how everyday cooking and haute cuisine can illuminate basic principles in physics and engineering.
- The Architectural Imagination from Harvard: Learn fundamental principles of architecture — as an academic subject or a professional career — from a study of history’s important buildings.
- Music Theory 101 from Juilliard: Your ultimate guide to learning the fundamentals of music theory, provided with an engaging and straightforward approach.
- Becoming an Entrepreneur from MIT: Learn the business skills and startup mindset needed to embark on your entrepreneurial path from the premier program for aspiring entrepreneurs, MIT Launch.
- Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of the Universe from Australian National University: Exploring the biggest mysteries of modern astrophysics.
- The Science of Everyday Thinking from University of Queensland: Learn how to think better, argue better, and choose better.
- Human Rights: The Rights of Refugees from Amnesty International: Take action for human rights. This course will teach you about the human rights of refugees and empower you to defend them.
- Food for Thought from McGill: A course that offers a scientific framework for understanding food and its impact on health and society from past to present.
- Introduction to Developmental Psychology from University of Queensland: Learn how we develop over our lifetime, including our ability to think, communicate, and form social attachments.
- Finance for Everyone: Smart Tools for Decision-Making from University of Michigan: Learn to apply frameworks and smart tools for understanding and making everyday financial decisions.
- Climate Change: The Science from University of British Columbia: Master the basics of climate science so you can better understand the news, evaluate scientific evidence, and explain global warming to anyone.
- World of Wine: From Grape to Glass from University of Adelaide: Learn about the principles and practices of how grapes are grown and wine is made. Whether you’re a wine novice or a seasoned oenophile, you’ll learn to confidently describe wine appearance, aroma, flavor and taste.
- Humanitarian Response to Conflict and Disaster from Harvard: Learn the principles guiding humanitarian response to modern emergencies, and the challenges faced in the field today.
Explore 1700+ free online courses from edX to either advance your career or feed your intellectual curiosity.